Great find: In2It Waterproof Blush Set
I miss going to thrift shops (ukay-ukay). I used to visit once or even twice a week but these days my schedule rarely permits it. Nonetheless, I made time to go to one of my favorite haunts a few weeks ago. I only wore sunscreen and the In2It Waterproof Blush Set (P375), just to test out the latter.
To give you a backgrounder: it was HOT. Not just normal hot but really hot. On top of that the humidity was crazy, and it was even worse inside the ukay store. I came out after an hour or so, waited for a cab for around 15 minutes, and finally went home, sweaty, with two kilos of thrifted goodies.
So did the blush stay on? Yes. Yes it did. It was as vibrant as I applied it and stayed color true. Aside from the reliable lasting power, it also looked very natural, unlike other similarly-priced blushes that seem to just sit on top of the cheeks!
What I love about the product
- Stays on for at least five hours with no fading. It's waterproof (meaning it doesn't melt upon contact with water, even if you rub it) so it can withstand sweat and occasional splashes of rain. It's also great for oily skin.
- Impressive shade selection that's designed to flatter Pinay skin. There are four shades, but you actually get three different colors in one pan. You can use them separately or together! They are also pigmented enough to be used as eyeshadows.
- Texture is well-milled and pressed - it does have a hint of chalkiness in some colors, but it's not significant.
- Right amount of pigmentation ensures that you don't overdo it, but it's not so faint that you have to layer several times. Two layers is enough to get you a nice color on your cheeks.
- Blends with skin so it looks super natural. There's a hint of shimmer but it looks far from oily or awkwardly shiny.
- You get A LOT of product. Most blushes clock in at 5 grams. 7 grams is already considered generous. But 9 grams? Holy, you'll get tired of it first before you even run out.
- It's only P375. Everybody wins.
Romance is a warm pink with fine silver glitters. You can use the white by itself as a highlighter on your cheekbones and bridge of the nose. It can also tone down the deeper pinks, although the pinks are already wearable as is.
Lovebird is a golden peachy pink that will just about suit anyone. It's my favorite shade!
Affinity is a golden apricot blush that will look super flattering on medium to dark morena skin. It will give you a sunkissed glow with only a light layer.
Sentiment is a semi-matte bronze that's more ideal as a contouring powder or even as an eyeshadow palette (Affinity, too).
Romance, Lovebird, Affinity, Sentiment
What I don't like
- Nothing, really. The packaging could look classier, more professional I guess but as it is I like it.
If you're looking for a new blush, go for the In2It Waterproof Blush Set! You won't regret it, it's seriously the best drugstore brand blush I've tried so far. My favorite shade is Lovebird (a peachy pink) followed closely by Affinity (apricot bronze, super flattering on skin).
Just a note: if you hate glitter, you may not appreciate the fine sparkles in the blushes. Personally I don't mind since I look a good shimmer on my cheeks, but yeah, if you mind, best stick to a matte blush.
Wearing Affinity on my cheeks. It's more pigmented in person, btw. The camera just washed it out.
Love it! I'll definitelty be using these regularly! Once again, In2It has come out with a great product that doesn't break the bank.
In2It is available in major department stores and drug stores.