Revlon Luxurious Color: Satin and Perle
I was drawn to loud n' proud eyeshadow colors when I first started playing with makeup. I'd go out in emerald greens and stunning blues all the time! But now, perhaps because of age (lol), I find myself wearing neutral, accentuating eyeshadows more than the shocking ones. That's not to say that I don't love me some heavy black smoky eyes and pops of color once in a while, of course.
Anyway, I was excited to try the new Revlon Luxurious Color eyeshadows because I got, you guessed it, neutral shades!
Revlon Luxurious Color eyeshadow (Satin finish) in Polished Bronze, P475
Revlon Luxurious Color eyeshadow (Perle finish) in Sunlit Sparkle P475
Last April, Revlon released its newest line of eyeshadows that come in two finishes - Satin, which has a smooth, luminous effect and Perle, which has a sparkling effect.
What I love
- The Satin finish is made of LOVE. The texture is very smooth and fine - like "suede", just as the press release promised.
- The Satin finish has very good pigmentation.
- Nice packaging - looks like something pros would use, plus you get to see the color without having to open the case.
- Fairly long-lasting without a base. Still, I would recommend one, if only to intensify the eyeshadows more.
What I don't love
- A bit steep for eyeshadows at P475
- I'm not too impressed with the Perle finish. Some people might find it a bit glittery with a tacky texture. It also applies sheer. But that can easily be solved by using an eyeshadow base or foiling, so no biggie.
- Useless sponge applicator. But that's the norm! Just throw it out and use a good eyeshadow brush, just like any self-respecting makeup enthusiast would. Haha.
Sunlit Sparkle works perfectly as a brow highlighter. I use it to blend the harsh edges of my crease eyeshadow to get a better gradient effect.
Polished Bronze is a gorgeous lid color. It's good for everyday when you just want to accentuate and prettify your eyes in a rush!
I highly recommend the Satin eyeshadows because of the amazing texture and pigmentation. I daresay that they're a good alternative to MAC or Urban Decay eyeshadows, which sell for P950 up. You should check out the other colors available since they are well-picked - read Shen's review, she has the purple and gunmetal colors! Definitely worth a visit to the Revlon counter.