It's funny how the products that actually make it into your daily routine are the products that you forget about. Case in point, my Nivea Angel Star Lip Balm! I haven't taken a photo of it, so you just have to spot it here:
It's the small pink tube on the right side!
This Nivea Angel Star line is targeted towards tweens who are just starting to become self-conscious about their appearance and body. One of the products released is a lip balm that has a slight pinkish tint with a frosty-gloss finish.
Why I like it:
- My lips are evened out by a light, pinkish tint. The finish is frosty, with a hint of gloss. I don't need a mirror to use this so it's very convenient.
- Moisturizing! It really helps my chapped lips in this heat.
- Non-sticky and feels light on the lips.
- Cheap! I'm not sure of the retail price, but it's in the P100 range. (Please enlighten me if you know!)
What I don't like about it:
- This lip balm really is for tweens! Instead of shimmer, it has glitters that are pretty gritty. You might want to stay away if you're in your late twenties, as it may look tacky on you.
- The frost finish may be too much for morena tones. In general, light-colored, frosted lip products don't flatter darker skin tones. They make the lips look too pale in contrast with the skin.
Tips on maximizing the product:
- If you want to add some sheen to your matte lipsticks, use this as a base.
- If you want to lighten dark lip colors, use this on top.
So, what do you think? Tried this product yet?