Oh my gosh! It's already the 31st! Can you imagine that it will be next year tomorrow? I try to backtrack everything I've done on 2010, but it's too overwhelming. Suffice it to say that I immensely enjoyed this year, and it has made me grow so much in both the professional and personal departments.
As for Project Vanity, we have enjoyed modest success, closing the year with more than 500 entries and thousands of readers every month. This could not have been possible without you! :D
So, allow me to close the year with something this blog does best: a makeup review.
The Avon Smooth Minerals Lipstick (P375) is supposed to give "luminous, luxurious color", and it does! It's sheer upon first application, but I believe that it's designed to be buildable. Avon is not really known for their excursions in the shocking color department, which is just as well because every girl needs a beautiful lipstick that feels comfortable on the lips.
What I love about the product
- Smooth, glides on easily.
- Has a glossy, luminous finish. Really gives dimension to the lips and draws light to the face.
- Non-waxy, light feel.
- Moisturizing, even without lip balm underneath.
- Has SPF15
- Doesn't fade or dry up quickly.
- Sleek, black bullet packaging. I like the dull metal effect of the top part, inscribed with the brand.
- Affordable at P375, though I bet you can get it at a better deal during the many Avon promos.
Top - Pink Quartz, Bottom - Rosy Brown
Pink Quartz is a brilliant (but not loud) pink shade that can instantly brighten up a face. It has multi-colored shimmers that's shines gold, although it turns green when the light hits it just so. It's a complex, flattering color that I find unique. It's quite sheer, but I find that two to three layers can completely cover the lips.
Rose Brown is a toned down brick red shade. I find it dark, but I think more mature women will enjoy this shade.
What I don't like
- Some colors can have chunky glitters. They're not obvious from afar, but up close they're rather unattractive.
If you like glossy lipsticks without the sticky feel, this is for you! The color selection of this line veers on the safe and work-friendly yet flattering shades. Pink Quartz is a lovely color to start off with as I'm sure it will look great on medium to fair-toned ladies.
Overall, the Avon Smooth Minerals Lipsticks offer good quality for a nice price. Pink Quartz is my current favorite lipstick!
Happy New Year's Eve, girls! Let's look forward to more great adventures in 2011!