Rave: Smooth-365 Clarity + Smoothing Peptide Serum
I've had the Smooth-365 Clarity + Smoothing Peptide Serum for...oh, a few months now. It was love at first use, so I don't have a good excuse why I didn't review it sooner. Well, I partly wanted to space out expensive vs cheap products as well as rave-worthy vs meh items. The Smooth 365 is both rave-worthy and quite expensive at P2,500 per tube.
So what does Smooth-365 do? It's designed to promote skin clarity and give your skin a velvety smooth texture. "Skin clarity" is a rather vague term - does it mean fading out blemishes, or brightening skin? - but I can vouch that the Smooth-365 does make my skin look brighter and generally a nicer version of itself. It also gives a velvety texture to the skin instantly upon application. Too good to be true? Yes. But it does work.
If you're skeptical, you can visit Makeupalley, where Smooth-365 has a high rating of 4.2 out of 5. Makeupalley is my favorite cosmetics review community and the ratings are always reliable. Anything above 4 and you know you've got a keeper.
What I love about the product
- Makes my skin smooth and velvety immediately upon application. I'm not sure if they have testers in Watsons drugstore, but you can feel the difference once you spread out the product even just at the back of your hand.
- Brightens my face.
- Acts as a great primer. Makeup glides on more smoothly and evenly over this. It lasts a bit longer, but nothing special.
- Didn't break me out.
- Two pumps is enough to work into my whole face. So at 50ml a tube, you can be sure this will last you for some months. A thin layer is enough to get the effect you want.
- I like the tiny spout at the end of the pump. It makes sure that you don't pump out too much, thereby wasting product.
What I don't like about the product
- Expensive at P2,500
- The brand managers mentioned that Smooth-365 is on a limited run here in the Philippines. I hope not!
- There's a slight serum-y smell. It's not perfumed, but it's also not completely fragrance-free.
- It's supposed to blur lines and wrinkles, but since I don't have them, I don't know if the product delivers in this regard.
The Smooth-365 is for women who suffer from dull and rough skin. Actually, if you just want generally nicer skin, I highly recommend this. You can use this after your favorite moisturizer, but I read that some women like using it before. It depends on what works best for you, so I suggest you experiment!
It's expensive I know, but I believe that it is worth every cent. I suggest you at least swatch it on your arm before you buy it so you know what I mean when I say it smoothens.
You can easily find Smooth-365 in major Watsons outlets.
I love it! I will confess that I don't use it everyday - partly because I don't want to finish it off quickly, partly because I'm really lazy when it comes to serums and eye creams. But you bet that this is what I turn to when I have bad skin days or when I need an emergency, er, "beautifer" before a big event. I also like using it when I go out without makeup since it gives my skin such a nice healthy glow.
Smooth-365 is definitely one of my favorite discoveries this year!
PS Don't forget to join my contest! I'm giving away 3 spa GCs worth P3000 to one lucky winner. Check out the mechanics here. Ends December 27 so hurry and post your entry!