Clinique Supermoisture Makeup
I've said this once and I'll say it again: Clinique makes some of the best foundations out there. The brand has a foundation for your major skin concerns, and the lasting power + finish are always amazing. My top Clinique foundation favorites are the Perfect Real Compact Makeup and the Superfit Makeup because they give the most natural finish that actually looks like my skin. They're second only to my Holy Grail foundation, the NARS Sheer Glow.
Anyway, today I'll talk about another favorite, the Clinique Supermoisture Makeup. It's Clinique's version of the tinted moisturizer, but without the limitations that usually comes with TMs. Convenient moisturizers that provide coverage are everywhere now - some of them cleverly called BB creams - but the main problem with these is that the shade selection and coverage are very limited. Not so with the Clinique Supermoisture Makeup!
What I love about the product
- I skip moisturizer when I use this! That's one step slashed from my makeup routine. You know I love the Clinique Moisture Surge, but sometimes I'm in a rush and I prefer to skip it.
- Light to medium coverage. It covers redness and light blemishes.
- Has a glowy, natural finish, as if I'm not wearing any makeup.
- I need only a small drop to get the moisture and coverage I need. While the tube looks small, a little product goes a long way. I'd say the moisturizer component is heavy, but it absorbs quickly.
- Comes in Clinique's normal foundation shades.
- Convenient tube packaging. Perfect for travel!
True Beige is a perfect match on my NC35 skin
What I don't like about the product
- Has this funny smell that made me think it was already rancid at first. But I looked at the date it was manufactured and it was only this year.
- Too much can make oily-skinned girls oilier. This is really designed for dry skin, hence the name "supermoisture".
- As with most TMs, the lasting power is just so-so. I give this five hours before it begins to fade. In fairness to the product, it's not designed to be a foundation substitute, but more as a powder foundation base that has moisturizing properties. Clinique is famous for their moisturizers, so I guess they thought to create a makeup version.
- As with all Clinique makeup, this comes at a premium price. I don't know the exact price, but it's probably in the P1,800 range.
If you have dry skin (even if you don't, actually, because everyone needs to moisturize) and you love dewy finishes, the Clinique Supermoisture Makeup is your best bet. It's one of the best tinted moisturizers out there in terms of coverage and shade selection, because even high end brands like Shu Uemura and Shiseido have only a few TM shades to choose from!
Like I said above, this product is created for a specific purpose in mind. If you don't need a product to save you an extra step in your routine and if you don't like using a makeup base/primer, you can definitely give this a miss.
I like this product a lot. It's my current go-to product for quick trips out!