I abhor blackheads. They grow steadily and are so hard to remove! Argh! Good thing my blackheads aren't that obvious because I have fine pores, but still, I know they're there and I feel the discomfort.
FYI: blackheads are a type of acne and is caused by oxidized sebum or oil. This substance hardens and darkens during the process of oxidation, hence the tiny bumpy thingies all over and around our nose. Gross, I know. Facials are the best way to get rid of them since the hot vapors soften up the sebum while the pricking removes them physically, but who has the time to go to facials? They are also heavy on the pocket when done regularly (although I would still recommend them if you have an acne problem).
The next best thing to facials is using pore strips. They are basically strong adhesives that latch on to the offending bumps and peel them off neatly, saving you from manually popping and pulling them out by yourself. Now, one product I've recently tried and loved is the Purederm Nose Pore Strip.
What I love about the product
- Cheap at only P79.00, available in Watsons personal care stores. There are three individually foil-wrapped strips in one pack. The P139.00 box has six strips inside.
- Easy to apply and remove. Effortless, really. Although you need to set aside 15 minutes of your day for it.
- Took out at least 90% of my blackheads. Yay! The adhesive was pretty strong. It stung just a bit when I peeled it off (like duct tape) but nothing uncomfortable.
What I don't like about the product
- Nothing! It's cheap and it works.
I highly recommend this product. It's cost-efficient and removes blackheads and pore blockage easily and thoroughly.
 However, if you have sensitive skin that's thin, prone to quick reddening and peeling, this may not be for you. Remember, the adhesive is quite strong, so this may do more harm than good. Remember that the nose is a sensitive part for many people, so unless you're absolutely sure that yours can take a strong peeling agent, don't go for this.
In my case, I didn't have any problems.
I received this product as a part of Purederm's generous gift pack, but I will definitely buy this for myself! It's so good, I've convinced my boyfriend to use it regularly. That's saying a lot since he absolutely hates beauty routines.
How to use the product
1. Wash your face thoroughly with your preferred facial soap/gel/cream
2. Dry your face, but leave the nose area wet.
3. Peel the white strip from the clear plastic. Apply the pore strip on your nose. Wait for 15 or so minutes for it to completely dry and harden.
4. Peel off and marvel at how much hardened sebum you have on your nose. Lol.
What do you think? Does this look like something you'll try? This is honestly the only thing I've tried from Purederm so far, but after using it, I am psyched to discover other inexpensive gems this new brand may have!