I bought the Muji Cleansing Oil a couple of weeks back and I've been exclusively using it since then to remove my makeup. It works really well for me, and you can't beat the price at only P395 for a big 200ml bottle!
What I love about the product
- Removes face makeup, eyeliner, and eyeshadow pretty well. I get half a pump of oil on my fingers and then gently massage it into my face. It feels oily (of course), but it does a great job of breaking down the makeup without needing to tug or pull the skin.
- It's oil, but it washes off easily with water, leaving the skin fairly clean with no greasy residue. If my makeup is light, I actually skip using facial wash afterwards. But if I have heavy gunk on, I need to soap with Pond's White Beauty Deep Cleansing wash to take out everything.
- No smell or fragrance.
- A little goes a long way! I use two full pumps for my whole face, less with lighter makeup.
- I don't need to use cotton balls or pads, unlike my other makeup removers. I just use my hands to put it on and remove it from my face.
- Zero breakouts. I like how my skin feels like afterwards when I use this, compared to my other makeup removers.
- Cheap at only P395 for a 200ml bottle.
What I don't like about the product
- It doesn't remove waterproof mascara well, if at all.
- I hate it when it gets to my eyes! It doesn't really sting so much, but my eyes get really cloudy and it's hard to wash off.
I currently have three other makeup remover brands on my shelf right now, but this is the one I've been using everyday. I highly recommend this for those who have sensitive skin and are looking for a gentle makeup remover that doesn't sting or stick on the face. Just be careful about getting the oil on your eyes; it can really be uncomfortable!
I read that the green oil for Normal Skin is better at removing makeup, so you can try that as well.
I will definitely buy this again. Now I look forward to removing my makeup, compared to before! It makes the task easier and more enjoyable for me.