Review: Shu Uemura Glow On Blush
I’ve been looking high and low for a nice peachy bronze blush for some time now. I wanted a change from the pink NARS Super Orgasm blush that I’ve been using for almost a year since it’s nakakasawa and also because pink cheeks don’t really go well with smoky eyes (which I do often). I seriously considered getting another NARS blush, but since I wanted to try another brand, I turned to Shu Uemura.
Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in P Amber 83
So why did I pick Shu Uemura? Well, I really wanted to try something from the brand since I’ve been reading rave reviews of their products everywhere. I’ve also been made up by a certified Shu makeup-artist before for the eBay Fashion Challenge (a styling contest me and my friend joined last year as finalists, of which Shu Uemura was a sponsor) and I was very impressed with the products the MUA used on me.
One such product was the Japanese brand’s Glow On blushes.
P1,500 at Shu Uemura counters in malls, $25 at Duty Free, $21 at the Shu Uemura US website
What I love about this product:
- Highly pigmented. It only takes one or two swipes on the pan to get good color payoff. I got the P Amber 83 shade, a peachy-bronze that looks natural on my NC35 (light medium) cheeks.
- Awesome staying power. It can honestly rival NARS in this dapartment! It doesn’t fade for 4 hours on me. After that, it sort of melts on my skin, but there is still an obvious color until I remove my makeup at the end of the day.
- Soft, silky, flawless finish. I like how it gives my cheeks that glow-from-within look, like I’m not even using blush.
- 5 grams/.17 oz in the pan! That doesn’t sound much, but for pigmented blushes like this 5 grams will last you more than a year’s worth of daily use. I’ve been using my NARS blush (almost 5g too) everyday for 10 months and I haven’t even hit pan yet.
Shot under a fluorescent light
Cons of the product and final verdict after the jump!
What I don’t like about this product:
- The packaging could really use a revamp.
- Shu Uemura is pretty expensive locally. Try to score their products when you're abroad instead.
Aaand that’s it. I love this blush and I can see myself using it everyday along with NARS. Is it worth the money I paid? Well, since I got it at Duty Free for only $25 (P1175 at the current dollar to peso rate) instead of in the malls, I would say that this is definitely worth the price I paid. I’m just really disappointed about the packaging since my NARS blush looks a lot better and classier than this. Still, the product works well so the packaging isn’t a deal breaker for me.
Have you tried this blush? Are you thinking of buying it? Let me know in the comments and I’ll be glad to answer questions.